Hotmail: Hotmail is a famous free email service create by Microsoft. You can create an account and use Hotmail in a different web browser and also access from location around the globe. You can easily create an Email account in Hotmail and set a password for your account. But that’s not enough nowadays many email account breach has come into play with many of the users because of the easy password and other matters.
This case is very serious as your important and private mail can be stole easily without you have even noticed. So more security for any email should be enabled for saving from any kind of breach or even hacking or troubles with you Hotmail account.
How to Set Up Two-Step Verification for Hotmail:
And for the security concern, every Email service have provided you with the Two-step verification. This process is done for ensuring that you can have a secured access to your Email account.
The steps for making the Two-step verification into your Hotmail account is very easy just follow the process mentione below.
How to Turn Two-Step Verification ON or OFF:
For more security sake in your Hotmail-Microsoft account, you must turn on the Two-step verification. While sometimes you can also turn then off if you think it is not necessary for your Hotmail account.
- To turn on the Two-step verification, you must open your Microsoft account.
- Now go to the Security settings page, and after you have to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Under the security page, you search for the option Two-step verification, and then select the Setup two-step verification to turn it on, or also you can turn it off if you desire not to use the option Turn off two-step verification.
Precaution for Any unaware Email Account Breach:
- Your Login password should not be easy enough for other to memorize with a look. But also not tough one, so that you would forget it, while your date of birth or phone number with names can be put as the password that you can remember easily.
- For more security measure you must keep on changing your password in an interval of time, that will secure your Email account and also will help you keep the password remembered
- Set the two-step verification login system which is the only easy process for full safety protection.
Advantage of using the Two-Step Verification for Login:
- Safe and secure login- When you use your Email account in the public place like school or colleges or in anywhere, it will make sure the login is done by its own user itself. If other does login your account, they won’t be able to access as the SMS code will be receive only to you and without it no one will able to open your Email.
- Alternative way for Login- If you have forgotten your password but have saved your other number while switching to Two-Step verification, then you can easily get the code SMS and enter into your account
- Tighter security- When you switch to the Two-Step verification, now you are free from any kind of problem regarding Logins.
Disadvantage of Two-Step Verification for login:
- Two-times adding the identification for accessing into your own Email account can be a hactic process. And won’t be able to make quick access even with using the phone Apps
- You will require your phone every time you wants you to access your account
Why is step 2 verification Necessary:
The Two-step verification is the setting which you will make in the Email account for making the Login process. Making the two-step verification you will protect your login password from any kind of breach or unwanted access to your mail.
Basically, here the login process will take two mode- one is the ordinary login with the help of password and also in the meantime you will have to use the phone number to receive a code via SMS. And now only with both the method you will be able to open your Email account. So this is the best way to avoid any unwanted access to your Private Email account and prevent data loss from your account like- emails.
With the help of this Two-Step verification login, now you can ensure that that your account will not be able to access, because even if your password is expose and someone is trying to make an unfair login into your account then immediately you will receive the SMS code as an alert for your account is being breach. So for tighter security is concerned, you must use the Two-step verification mode.
Sometimes often a case is observe like when you turn on two-step verification, it means that you have your login will go through two modes for identification. Now this means that whenever you do the login, you requires two modes which can be either Password-Contact method or Contact-contact method. Example, if you forgot the password you will have to use two contact method while if lose a single contact information then password alone cannot be enough for accessing your account. Thus it is highly recommende to make 3 pieces of security information on your account, just in case you have forgotten the password.
So these are the main fact about the Two-Step verification code with the Microsoft account or Hotmail Email account. There is a good way for making your Email Login more safe and secure whenever using it in the public place. You can not only be save from any unknown people access into your private Emails account but also gives you great opportunity for making the best security system into your account. While if you feel it is not necessary, then you can still ignore and turn it off while using the Hotmail account. Just follow the above steps mention to turn on or turn off the Two-step verification setting into your Microsoft account.